September 08, 2006

ceteris paribus, not

in life, there will always come some point or other - actually, more points than others - when we have to deal with something called 'change'. i used to despise change. i yearned for a life that was stable, unchanging; i wanted to maintain the status quo.
but then i realised how uninteresting life would be without change. in fact, what life would there be? change may be in the form of something, someone, emotions, thoughts. it may be for the better, or for worse. in any case, it is inevitable. as i grow i have come to terms with change, to not fear or hide from it, but to accept, and even welcome change.
change makes me learn. to let go, to accept, to close doors and open new ones. i like change.
hm, life is so fleeting, can anything actually be forever?
on another note, here's something i wrote yesterday when waves of nostalgia swept over me..
Playful children have this sparkle in their eyes
These days I keep seeing such sparks;
They fly by me,
I want to turn back, but I can't.

I miss it, then
Running around catching 'thieves'
Penmanship writing without thinking
The fifty-cent laksa I never had enough
Kicking waterbottles - we really did have fun

Sigh, life is good now
But, still!

alrighties timeout! (:

1 Comments:

Blogger gavannnn said...

i like the title of the post. lol. cos im like reading it now

September 20, 2006 at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home